I write lyrics on my laptop, which are often based on handwritten drafts. I have several tabs open in my browser, and I constantly use various writing tools to find good words and check for some expressions that I may not be sure of.
The tools that I use when writing lyrics
- Writing apps like Simplenote or Google Docs.
- Rhyme dictionaries like Rhymer, RhymeZone or B-rhymes.
- Word association tools like Word Associations Network or RelatedWords.io.
- Translation tools like Google Translate or Sanakirja.org.
- Synonym tools like Thesaurus to find less common words.
- Search engines like DuckDuckGo to check for song titles, prepositions and expressions.
- Idiom tools like The Free Dictionary.
- Spotify search to check for songs of the same title.
Photo by Sebastian Trzaska.